THIS COURSE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU:
- are new to treasury or finance and looking to understand the role of the corporate treasurer and the context in which treasury operates
- work in treasury and would like to refresh or broaden your understanding of the role of treasury
- work alongside treasury and need to understand its role, key functions and business drivers i.e. internal audit, accounting, development/business planning and IT
- supply products or services to treasury and need to understand your corporate clients’ business needs more effectively
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE TREASURY IN A DAY ONLINE COURSE?
Treasury in a Day introduces the purpose of treasury within the context of business. The programme explains the role of the treasurer, provides a broad understanding of key treasury concepts and presents an overview of the financial instruments that treasurers commonly use.
This course will help to broaden your ability to converse with management, operations, banks or treasurers who are customers. The trainer will share valuable insights on aspects concerning the treasury remit with a view to sharing best and worst practices in time available.
The course will provide you with valuable practical skills you can instantly use at work.
CPD is a personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date and improving your skills. The ACT’s CPD scheme focuses on what you learn and how you develop throughout your career. ACT members who attend this training course can count this towards their CPD learning and should record this in their CPD log. For more information on the ACT’s CPD scheme visit: www.treasurers.org/cpd
TREASURY IN A DAY COURSE STRUCTURE
This course is centred around a case study, a new business. This way, participants can quickly get to grips with key treasury questions on raising finance, liquidity management, etc., as they arise during the life cycle of the business. It will cover the essentials of corporate treasury:
- Understand a simple business from a treasurer’s point of view
- Understand business and cash flows in different sectors
- Debt and equity – financing a business
- Credit risk and financial engineering
- Risks, skills and responsibilities of a treasurer
- Introduction to financial risk
- Treasury in large and multinational companies
- Introduction to cash management
WHAT YOU GET BEFORE THE DAY
You will receive pre-course material in advance of the day as well as 90 days' access to Being A Treasurer, the second course of our First Steps in Treasury eLearning series. Included as part of your training course booking (usually £50 + VAT), this interactive online training will give you an overview of the role of a treasurer within the context of business.
WHAT YOU GET ON THE DAY
- Registration and introductions: 9:00 - 9:30 UK-time
- Session 1: 09:30 – 11:00 UK-time
- Session 2: 11:30 – 13:00 UK-time
- Session 3: 14:00 – 15:30 UK-time
- Close session: 15:30-16:00 UK-time for any further questions.
WHAT YOU GET AFTER THE DAY
A recording of the course and presentation material which you can access online for 90 days or download and a digital badge to share with your network to showcase your achievement. Our training courses are regularly reviewed and update, so when you display your badge on your email footer or LinkedIn profile, your network will know that you have gained up to date knowledge and relevant skills.
More importantly, you'll gain valuable practical skills you can instantly use at work.
- ACT member/ student or employed by an ACT CPD accredited employer - £638
- Member of another accountancy body - £680
- Non-member - £723
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee **
Raj is a fellow of the ACT and the ACCA and a member of the IoD. He has worked at board and senior level for SMEs and multinationals across the financial services, energy and retail sectors.Raj founded GGV in 2011 to provide distinct consulting services and to deliver executive training that addresses corporate issues and priorities. He has since built a global reputation for delivering highly interactive and effective learning at senior level for the ACT, ACCA, IoD and Euromoney. Before this career move, Raj was the CFO of London Capital Group Holdings plc, global treasury audit manager for the Royal Dutch Shell plc and the Man Group plc, and group treasurer of Empire Stores Group Plc.
We can also deliver this Treasury in a day training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.