An in-depth introduction to the corporate treasury function in international markets.
IS THE A-Z OF CORPORATE TREASURY COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you are:
- a treasury manager, treasury dealer, treasury assistant, treasury accountant, or treasury controller
- new to treasury or a specialist who requires an overview of the whole treasury function
- someone who works with treasury internally such as an accountant, tax manager or an internal auditor
- a banker, auditor, software vendor, or a consultant who wants to understand treasury from the customer’s perspective
If you are interested to see what other delegates got out of their time on the course earlier this year, take a look at this blog.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE A-Z OF CORPORATE TREASURY COURSE?
- an in-depth introduction to the corporate treasury function in international markets
- deep insight into the core areas and main treasury activities of corporate finance, cash management and financial risk management
- an understanding of the role of treasury as a corporate function and how the department can add value in a strategic capacity
- insight into the setup, structure and interactions of a treasury function and the different operating models
- the ability to approach financial risk management in a structured way by applying a framework for managing your financial risks
- a mix of theoretical and practical applications that can be immediately incorporated into your treasury function
- access to senior practitioners from the corporate world who bring ‘real life’ perspective to the training based on experience from numerous corporate treasury projects
THE A-Z OF CORPORATE TREASURY COURSE STRUCTURE
This corporate treasury course provides a complete overview of the corporate treasury function from strategy and organisation, to cash management, risk management and corporate finance over four days. We combine theoretical knowledge and insights into all aspects of the treasury function and activities with ‘real life’ case study examples so that you can really relate the core principles to your own work.
Treasury strategy and organisation
- The evolving role of the corporate treasury department
- Organisational business models for treasury
- Governance and policy
- Treasury objectives
- Centralisation models
Financial risk management
- Risk management framework
- Foreign exchange risk
- Interest rate risk management
- Credit risk management
Cash management and treasury processes and systems
- Treasury operations and cash management
- Payments and clearing systems – domestic and international
- Evolving payments landscape
- The role of cash management banks, selection and the RfP process
- Cash management processes
- Liquidity management structures
- Cash flow forecasting
- Treasury processes and systems
- Treasury technology landscape
- Optimising processes and systems within the treasury department
- Deep-dive into different treasury processes and systems
- Concepts behind corporate financing and the risk to shareholder value
- Execution of your corporate finance strategy
- Means of financing available
- Trends in the marketplace
The A-Z course trainers are industry experts who bring a wealth of experience and practical knowledge to the course. They are subject matter experts in their field, with skills obtained and sharpened at multinational companies and non-profit organisations.
Sander van Tol
Sander is a partner at Zanders and has over 20 years’ experience in treasury management, risk management and corporate finance. Since he started at Zanders in 1996, he has successfully advised many corporates and non-profit organisations. Sander is part time lecturer on corporate finance at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and on International Finance & Treasury Management at the Rotterdam School of Management. Furthermore he is the chairman of the advisory board of the Dutch Association of Corporate Treasurers (DACT).
Lisette Overmars FCT
Lisette is a Director at Zanders and has a broad experience in treasury and risk management. She has been involved in many strategy, organisation, cash management and risk management projects, and has both developed and implemented treasury policies. She has a thorough understanding of derivatives and is a regular tutor at risk management training sessions and seminars. Prior to joining Zanders she worked in different roles for ABN Amro Bank. Lisette is a Fellow of the ACT, having completed the MCT Advanced Diploma.
Hugh Davies is a director at Zanders focused on supporting corporates in the field of treasury strategy and organisation, and cash management. Hugh has some 30 years of experience in cash and treasury management, principally on the banking side where he has worked with many clients on transformational projects to increase cash visibility, as well as centralise liquidity and payments through the establishment of in-house banks and/or payment factories. Hugh has been a regular tutor on client training programmes since joining Zanders in 2012 and facilitator of corporate treasury roundtables.
Job Wolters is a Director at Zanders with over 12 years of treasury & finance consulting experience. Job has a broad and in-depth international treasury and finance background with extensive cross industry exposure and strong business awareness. He has built up a track record of strategic treasury transformation projects at both large multi-national corporations and non-governmental organizations but also has experience as implementation consultant from an organization, processes and systems orientation. Job holds a Master of Science degree in Business Administration and an Executive Master of Finance and Control.
Mark van Ommen
Mark van Ommen is a Principal at Zanders and joined the company in 2005. Mark has advised many large corporate clients on their treasury transformation projects including on topics such as risk management, cash and liquidity management, bank connectivity, in-house banking and payment factories. Through his extensive project experience he has developed a thorough understanding of all the major steps from building a solid business case to finalising the implementation and roll-out of an end-to-end solution. Having worked for the Dutch office of Zanders for 6 years, Mark joined the UK consulting team in 2011. He holds an MSc in Business Administration and obtained the CFA designation in 2009. Mark is a regular guest lecturer at several UK universities.
Constantine joined Zanders as a Senior Consultant in January 2017. Constantine has a broad focus on treasury projects from strategy, risk and organization projects, to system upgrade and implementation work. Prior to joining Zanders, Constantine spent approximately four years within the Corporate Treasury department of Seadrill, an offshore drilling company. He holds an MSc in Finance from Cass Business School in London where he specialized in Corporate Finance. Constantine is also a guest lecturer at UK universities.
Sander de Vries
Sander de Vries joined Zanders in 2012. Sander has relevant hands-on experience in cash management, corporate finance, cash flow forecasting, treasury transformation projects and financial risk management. He graduated with honors for the BSc Business Economics and he holds a MSc Finance degree. Sander also passed the ACT Risk Management certificate and passed the international Cash Management certificate with distinction.
2020 date tbc
This is a three-day course
ACT members, students and CPD accredited employers: £3,750 + VAT
Other accountancy body members: £4,000 + VAT
Non-members: £4,250 + VAT
Early bird discounts - book at least six weeks before the start of the course to save 15% on the standard fee *
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee *
We can also deliver this corporate treasury training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.