An in-depth introduction to the corporate treasury function in international markets over five days.
IS THE A-Z OF CORPORATE TREASURY COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you are:
- a treasury manager, treasury dealer, treasury assistant or new to treasury
- a specialist who requires an overview of the whole treasury function
- someone who works with treasury internally such as an accountant, tax manager or an internal auditor
- a banker, auditor, software vendor, or a consultant who wants to understand treasury from the customer’s perspective
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE A-Z OF CORPORATE TREASURY COURSE?
- an in-depth introduction to the corporate treasury function in international markets
- deep insight into the core areas of corporate treasury and an understanding of the function as a whole
- access to senior practitioners from the corporate and banking world who bring ‘real life’ perspective to the training
- a mix of theoretical and practical applications that can be immediately incorporated into the treasury function
THE A-Z OF CORPORATE TREASURY COURSE STRUCTURE
This corporate treasury course covers the following key topic areas in great depth over five days. We use ‘real life’ case study examples so that you can really relate to the core principles in your own work.
Cash management fundamentals
- Structure of the treasury function
- The role of the cash manager
- Cash flow and the business
- Working capital management
- Important cash management concepts
- Managing liquidity
Capital markets and corporate finance
- Capital markets: debt and equity
- Importance and impact of credit ratings
- Alternative funding solutions
- Capital structure and investment returns
- Dividend policy
- Risk, return and the cost of capital
- Investment decision making
- Business valuation techniques
- Shareholder value management
Foreign exchange and risk management
- Introduction to foreign exchange
- Financial risk and evaluation
- Financial risk instrument types
- Risk management policy
International payments, liquidity and banking systems
- Making international payments
- Options for EUR payments
- International liquidity management tools
- Managing international liquidity
- Case study – structuring for optimal international liquidity
It's all about: Introduction to Treasury, Treasury Performance Monitoring and Technology for Treasuries
Before you dive in, you'll be greeted by the friendly ACT team and have the chance to get acquainted with your fellow international delegates. You’ll meet like-minded people and hopefully make some great contacts too!
Focus on: Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
Today you'll enjoy a session with our guest speaker and have your chance to quiz them about their personal treasury experience in the industry.
We talk: Risk Management and Foreign Exchange
It's time for a break from the classroom, so we'll take you on a behind the scenes tour of an important financial institution. Past trips have included the Bank of England, Bloomberg and Lloyds of London.
Exploring: Cash Management and Liquidity
As well as lots of helpful handouts you can use when you get back to your desk, there’s a chance to talk over practical issues with a guest cash management expert.
Pulling it all together:
Your final session brings all of the week together in one integrated, practical case study, where you’ll get to apply many of the things you’ve learned during the week.
Raj Gandhi FCT
Raj is a fellow of the ACT and the ACCA and a member of the IoD. He has worked at board and senior level for SMEs and multinationals across the financial services, energy and retail sectors.Raj founded GGV in 2011 to provide distinct consulting services and to deliver executive training that addresses corporate issues and priorities. He has since built a global reputation for delivering highly interactive and effective learning at senior level for the ACT, ACCA, IoD and Euromoney. Before this career move, Raj was the CFO of London Capital Group Holdings plc, global treasury audit manager for the Royal Dutch Shell plc and the Man Group plc, and group treasurer of Empire Stores Group Plc.
Stephen spent his entire banking career with Barclays, starting in the branch network and moving to London in 1985 to join Barclays Corporate Division, dealing with some of the largest corporates in the world. Since 1996, he has specialised in all aspects of corporate cash and liquidity management, providing global, regional and local cash management solutions for the corporate sector. Latterly, Stephen took on the role of educating the Barclays Cash Management team with respect to cash and liquidity management capability and techniques. He also co-wrote a number of cash management Thought Leadership papers and authored numerous articles on various cash management disciplines.
Since leaving Barclays, Stephen established his own company (ITCM Training & Advisory Ltd) providing cash and liquidity management training and consultancy services. Stephen has obtained the Certificate in International Cash Management qualification from the ACT and has been a member of, the ACT Exam Board since 2002.
We can also deliver this corporate treasury training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.
Dates and location:
TBC 2018, London
ACT members, students and CPD accredited employers: £3,750 + VAT
Other treasury/accountancy body members: £4,000 + VAT
Non-members: £4,250 + VAT
Early bird discounts - book four weeks before to save 15% on the course fee *
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee *