Managing your working capital for better cash flow through sustained working capital improvements.
IS WORKING CAPITAL TRAINING RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you are:
- a finance director, financial controller, corporate treasurer, procurement specialist, credit management professional
- involved in managing working capital for small or large companies
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM WORKING CAPITAL TRAINING?
In this uncertain environment, who can afford to leave the cheapest source of funding untapped? This course deals with the basic principles of working capital management.
- learn techniques that you can take back to your office the very next day that will improve accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory performance
- understand how to gain better control of working capital by learning techniques to identify where there are unnecessary amounts of cash within demand and supply chains affect revenue and costs that tie tied up working capital
- learn about the latest practices that are being developed to optimise working capital and how many different types of companies manage the challenges of working capital
WORKING CAPITAL TRAINING COURSE STRUCTURE
What is Working Capital?
- Working Capital Overview
- Basic Measures
- Reasons to reduce working capital
- The end to end Customer to Cash Cycle
- Customer Segmentation
- Dispute Management
- Credit Scoring
- Credit Review
- Credit Policy
- The end to end Purchase to Pay Cycle
- Causes of Late Payment
- Making Payables Perform
Supply Chain Finance
- What is SCF
- SCF Considerations
- SCF Do’s and Don’ts
- The end to end Forecast to Fulfil Cycle
- Decision components
- Nine-Box Analysis
- Types of Inventory
- Behaviours in different industries
- DSO – Days Sales Outstanding
- DPO – Days Payable Outstanding
- DIO – Days Inventory Outstanding
- Systems & Data
- Specialist Tools
- Corporate Cards
- Reporting Tools
Recap and Conclusions
- Success Factors
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Trade offs
Brian Shanahan is the leader and founder of Informita. Informita assists companies in the areas of working capital and procurement. Before Informita, Brian spent 19 years in management consultancy, 5 years in financial accounting roles in the UK and 3 years in retail in Ireland. Brian has worked with nearly two hundred clients in 37 countries across 4 continents. Brian is also the founder of TermsCheck.com, a service that allows you to compare customer and supplier payment terms with other companies’ actual terms. In the media, Brian has been quoted many times in the financial press and is the author of five booklets that can be purchased at Amazon.com.
Dates and location:
19 September 2017, London
This course is run in conjunction with the ICAEW.
ACT members, students and CPD accredited employers: £750 + VAT
ICAEW Faculty or SIG members: £750 + VAT
Other treasury and accountancy body members: £800 + VAT
Non-members: £850 + VAT
Early bird discounts - book four weeks before to save 15% on the course fee *
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee *
We can also deliver this working capital training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.