An introduction to corporate treasury and the role of a treasurer, in just one day.
Date and Location TBC.
We are pleased to welcome ICAEW members onto this course.
IS THE TREASURY IN A DAY COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you:
- are new to treasury or finance and looking to understand the role of the corporate treasurer and the context in which treasury operates, without getting into too much technical detail
- work in treasury and would like to refresh or broaden your understanding of the role of treasury
- work alongside treasury and need to understand its role, key functions and business drivers i.e. internal audit, accounting, development/business planning and IT
- supply products or services to treasury and need to understand your corporate clients business needs more effectively
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE TREASURY IN A DAY COURSE?
Treasury in a day introduces the purpose of treasury within the context of business. The programme explains the role of the treasurer, provides a broad understanding of key treasury concepts and presents an overview of the financial instruments that treasurers commonly use.
This course is a perfect introduction to treasury for anyone that is new to the subject. It will broaden your ability to converse with management, operations, banks or treasurers who are customers. Attending this course will also build your confidence if you are looking to enrol on a qualification such as the Certificate in Treasury Fundamentals (CertTF).
TREASURY IN A DAY COURSE STRUCTURE
This course will run through the essentials of corporate treasury:
- Understand a simple business from a treasurer’s point of view
- Understand business and cash flows in different sectors
- Debt and equity – financing a business
- Credit risk and financial engineering
- Risks, skills and responsibilities of a treasurer
- Introduction to financial risk
- Treasury in large and multinational companies
- Introduction to cash management
Carl Sharman FCA FCT
Carl has recently joined Deloitte as a Senior Director within the Financial Advisory practice, as an industry expert helping companies to integrate and transform their treasury functions through technology.
Prior to Deloitte, Carl was Practice Head of Treasury Solutions at Wipro, a leading Information Technology, Consulting and Business Process Services company. Carl has also spent 8 years at PwC, as a director leading large scale treasury and finance consulting engagements, carrying out confidential strategic and financial business reviews and providing a range of advisory services and solutions to clients. He also has extensive corporate experience having worked in senior group and divisional finance and treasury roles within major companies in the UK, Germany and Bermuda.
Carl is a qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW) since 1995 and Corporate Treasurer (FCT) since 2009 and sits on the MCT Exam Board of Studies at the Association of Corporate Treasurers, where he is also a Technical Assessment Reviewer, and regular contributor.
Raj Gandhi FCT
Raj is a fellow of the ACT and the ACCA and a member of the IoD. He has worked at board and senior level for SMEs and multinationals across the financial services, energy and retail sectors.Raj founded GGV in 2011 to provide distinct consulting services and to deliver executive training that addresses corporate issues and priorities. He has since built a global reputation for delivering highly interactive and effective learning at senior level for the ACT, ACCA, IoD and Euromoney. Before this career move, Raj was the CFO of London Capital Group Holdings plc, global treasury audit manager for the Royal Dutch Shell plc and the Man Group plc, and group treasurer of Empire Stores Group Plc.