This is the first of seven courses in our new treasury eLearning series. If you’re new to treasury or seeking a high-level introduction to the subject, this course will help you understand the purpose of treasury within the context of business. Experienced treasurers will recognise some of the strategic issues covered.
The course uses a simple business model to demonstrate what treasury is and how a treasurer gets involved in the business
IS THE INTRODUCTION TO TREASURY COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you are:
- considering a career in treasury or corporate finance
- in the early stages of your career and need to know about treasury
- in a role that works closely with treasury moving to a treasury role
HOW DOES THE INTRODUCTION TO TREASURY COURSE WORK?
Our Introduction to treasury eLearning course will take approximately 45 minutes and you have 90 days to complete this course from the date of purchase. The online format lets you build your understanding of treasury in bite-sized chunks, providing great flexibility in the way you learn. You do not have to complete the course in one session and can tackle each topic at your own pace. All you’ll need to get going on this course is a laptop, desktop or tablet and a broadband connection.
INTRODUCTION TO TREASURY COURSE STRUCTURE
- The business model
- Cash flows
- The risks
- The treasurer's decisions
- Multinational treasury
- Describe the role of a treasurer in a simple business
- List the key responsibilities of a treasurer
- Outline some of the tools a treasurer can use to better understand a business
- Explain how cash flows in a basic business
- Analyse some of the risks that can affect a basic business
- Give some examples of the key decisions a treasurer is required to make
- Explain how a treasurer’s role changes as the business grows