Understand and respond to the interest rate risk in your business. This course is aimed at non-financial corporations.
IS THE INTEREST RATE RISK COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course is for CFOs, treasurers, treasury teams, dealing room staff in non-financial corporations and for anyone involved in:
- any aspect of interest rate risk management
- building spreadsheet models incorporating interest rates
- involved in broad corporate strategic management
- in any role where interest rates are a factor in commercial decision making
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE INTEREST RATE RISK COURSE?
This interest risk management course will give you:
- a good understanding of the many different aspects of interest rate risk and how it affects firms in different sectors.
- an understanding of the yield curve as well as some aspects of the measurement of interest rate risk
- an understanding of the instruments available to respond to interest rate risk
- an understanding of the possible responses to interest rate risk and setting objectives
There will be some modelling carried out on this course.
INTEREST RATE RISK COURSE STRUCTURE
Interest rate risk
- What is interest rate risk
- Whose risk is interest rate risk
- Case studies in different forms of risk
- Interest rates in pricing
The world of of interest rates
- The yield curve
- Forward rates
- Real and nominal rates
- Duration, convexity, volatility
- PV01, DV01
- Models for risk measurement
- Swaps, options and collars
Responses to interest rate risk
- Setting objectives
- Responses in different case studies
Will Spinney, FCT
Will Spinney has been a practising treasurer for nearly 25 years, working for companies including Johnson Matthey, Eaton Corporation and Invensys plc. His experience with these companies covered all aspects of treasury including financial risk management, cash management, extensive financings and pension investment strategies. He has been involved with education and training with the ACT for several years – writing resources, running training courses and as a member of examination boards. He is a current Fellow and employee of the ACT.
Sachin Bathia & Kieran Clyde, PMC Treasury
PMC Treasury is a global consultancy that has been providing financial risk management and operational treasury services to private equity, infrastructure funds and corporates for over 25 years. PMC offers clarity, guidance, expert knowledge and a practical approach in the management of Interest Rates, Foreign Exchange, Cash, Banking and Commodities.
Sachin Bathia and Kieran Clyde are senior consultants in the Risk Management team. They handle all aspects of interest rate management for clients on a daily basis - from the definition of an appropriate strategy, through to the execution. Prior to working at PMC, Sachin was in the Institutional Rate Sales team at HSBC, and Kieran a Senior Derivatives Dealer at RBS.”
Dates and location:
TBC 2017, London
ACT members, students and CPD accredited employers: £750 + VAT
Other treasury/accountancy body members: £800 + VAT
Non-members: £850 + VAT
Early bird discounts - book four weeks before to save 15% on the course fee *
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee *
We can also deliver this interest rate risk training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.