Learn how to understand and respond to foreign exchange risk in your business, with comprehensive training from this one-day course.
IS FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRAINING RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you are:
- a CFO, treasurer, member of a treasury team, dealing room staff, or part of a commercial team
- involved in a supply chain where FX risk appears
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRAINING?
- an understanding of the different types of foreign exchange risk
- the ability to advise both commercial operations and senior management about FX risks and the responses available to meet those risks
- an understanding of some of the instruments used to manage FX risks, how they are traded and some of the risks of using these instruments
FOREIGN EXCHANGE COURSE STRUCTURE
Understanding supply chains
- Different risk models
- Case studies in foreign exchange risk management
FX risk categories
A risk framework
- Risk evaluation and measurement
- Risk responses
- Whose risk is it to manage?
- Risk responses
Risk management instruments
Trading methods and FX facilities
- Communication methods
- EMIR and reporting, confirming and reconciling
- Facilities, margining and collateral
- Settlement instructions
Will Spinney, FCT
Will Spinney has been a practising treasurer for nearly 25 years, working for companies including Johnson Matthey, Eaton Corporation and Invensys plc. His experience with these companies covered all aspects of treasury including financial risk management, cash management, extensive financings and pension investment strategies. He has been involved with education and training with the ACT for several years – writing resources, running training courses and as a member of examination boards. He is a current Fellow and employee of the ACT.
Dates and location:
TBC 2018, London
ACT members, students and CPD accredited employers: £750 + VAT
Other treasury/accountancy body members: £800 + VAT
Non-members: £850 + VAT
Early bird discounts - book four weeks before to save 15% on the course fee *
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee *
We can also deliver this foreign exchange training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.