Get up to date with the core tax principles governing everyday treasury, as well as some more advanced and topical issues.
IS THE CORPORATE TAX FOR TREASURERS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you:
- are working in or with treasury
- have a basic grasp of UK corporate tax principles
- need to understand more about how corporate tax can materially affect the value added by treasury activities
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE CORPORATE TAX FOR TREASURERS COURSE?
Treasury transactions can significantly affect both the effective group tax rate and cash tax. It is therefore vital for treasurers to understand the tax implications of their day to day transactions. This course will bring you right up to date with the core tax principles governing everyday treasury and focus on some more advanced and topical issues.
Delivered from a UK tax perspective, but covering key international aspects that relate to cross-border activities such as intercompany funding and global cash management, this corporate tax training course is designed to give you a strong grounding in core tax rules.
CORPORATE TAX FOR TREASURERS STRUCTURE
What’s so important about tax for treasurers?
- Core concepts for treasury tax
Related party transactions
Common issues affecting related party transactions
- Thin capitalisation
- Transfer pricing
- Debt waivers
Trends in accounting
- Tax implications of developments in accounting for financing and hedging transactions
What they are and how to mitigate them
- How to secure tax-efficient hedging transactions: pitfalls and opportunities
- Liquidity management and in-house banking
- Comparing and contrasting common methodologies for tax purposes
- A tax-eye view of in-house bank accounts and shared service centres
- Housekeeping and its importance for tax
Funding an international group in an evolving world
- Practical issues with optimising UK group funding arrangements in light of increasingly sophisticated tax regimes
Sue Mainwaring, Independent Tax Advisor and former member of the PwC Treasury Tax practice
Sue is an independent Treasury Tax specialist who recently gave up a long career at PwC to spend more time with family, friends and hobbies. At PwC, after training as a Chartered Accountant, she became a corporate tax consultant in central London and then led the Finance & Treasury Tax team for the firm’s South East region for over 10 years. With considerable experience working with public and private groups across a broad industry base, Sue specialises in tax-efficient funding and hedging transactions and global liquidity management. She has advised widely on current topics such as the tax implications of adopting IFRS and modified UK GAAP, the impact of the UK debt cap regime on global funding, and aspects of the amended CFC proposals. Sue has written and lectured extensively on Treasury Tax matters and continues to do.
Dates and location:
TBC 2018, London
ACT members, students and CPD accredited employers: £750 + VAT
Other treasury/accountancy body members: £800 + VAT
Non-members: £850 + VAT
Early bird discounts - book four weeks before save 15% on the course fee *
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee *
We can also deliver this corporate tax training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.