Find out what a business should earn for its investors and what the use of debt can do for a business. This is the third of seven courses in our new treasury eLearning series. If you’re new to treasury or seeking a high-level introduction to the subject, this course will help you understand corporate finance within the context of business. Experienced treasurers will recognise some of the strategic issues covered.
The course looks at what a business should earn for its investors and how risk affects this, as well as what the use of debt can do for a business. Investment appraisal and valuation are also explained here.
IS THE CORPORATE FINANCE COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes if you are:
- considering a career in treasury or corporate finance
- in the early stages of your career and need to know about treasury
- in a role that works closely with treasury moving to a treasury role
HOW THE CORPORATE FINANCE COURSE WORKS
Our Corporate finance eLearning course will take approximately 90 minutes and you have 90 days to complete this course from the date of purchase. The online format lets you build your understanding of corporate finance in bite-sized chunks, providing great flexibility in the way you learn. You do not have to complete the course in one session and can tackle each topic at your own pace. All you’ll need to get going on this course is a laptop, desktop or tablet and a broadband connection.
CORPORATE FINANCE COURSE STRUCTURE
- Risk and return
- Debt and credit risk
- Financial strategy and the cost of capital
- Sources of debt
- Investment appraisal and valuation
- Explain how businesses are financed
- Describe investor needs and how a treasurer needs to accommodate them
- List various sources of finance
- Explain what credit risk means
- Describe how to create a financial strategy
- Outline what should be taken into account when making business decisions
- Explain how valuations are made