Since the financial crisis, we have all seen (and maybe not fully understood) the increasing regulation of banks and how this is impacting their Asset and Liability Management techniques. As a result, annuity revenue streams, such as those involved in transaction banking flows (and, in particular cash management) are ever more attractive to banks, rather than the more capital intensive blend of products and services offered prior to the crisis. The resulting changes in the focus and strategy of banks has ultimately had a knock-on effect on their corporate and institutional clients. As such, there has never been a more important time to understand the importance of transaction banking flows and techniques, both to banks and to their clients. After all, we all know “cash is king”.
IS ADVANCED CASH MANAGEMENT RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you are:
- Managing the treasury or cash management function on a global basis (or selling to this audience), covering all aspects including policy, operations, counterparty selection and IT selection.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE ADVANCED CASH MANAGEMENT COURSE?
- A course delivered by seasoned practitioners from both banking and corporate treasury, offering the unique ability to see both the demand and supply sides of cash management
- A comprehensive and detailed programme, broken down into modules on each important aspect
- Live practice on exercises, real case studies with the emphasis on groups work. This is not a chalk and talk course!
ADVANCED CASH MANAGEMENT COURSE STRUCTURE
Introductions, objective setting and core definitions
- Objectives: group session to establish key learning objectives for the two days including specific topics of interest
- Core definitions and introducing the “The House of Cash Management”
Cash management in practice
- Introductory presentation by a senior group treasurer
- Importance of Cash Management to a group treasurer
- Enhancing visibility of cash
- Improving the forecasting of cash
- Optimising the use of cash
- Investing surpluses / reducing debt
“The House of Cash Management”
- The foundations of a cash management solution
- The importance of the relationship between the company/institution and the bank
- Credit appetite: in both directions!
- Wallet share against balance sheet usage
- “The House of Client Engagement”
Bank account structures
- Bank accounts and their domicile/locations
- Bank account structures/partner banking
- Matching the cash flows of the company/institution
- Real bank accounts versus virtual bank accounts
- Know Your Customer: compliance
- Regulation and documentation
Payables and receivables
- Domestic clearing systems
- International clearing Systems
- Float/value/ “cleared”/finality
- POBO and ROBO developments
- “All Dollars are in New York”
- The use of multi-lateral netting systems
Liquidity and finance – the management of both surpluses and deficits
- Single currency/multi-currency
- Cash concentration and / or notional pooling
- Interest optimisation and interest enhancement
- Europe: a case study for liquidity
The technical infrastructure of cash management solutions
- Treasury: TMS/ERP/system integration
- Bank: e-channels/internet portals/host to host linkages/reconciliation data
- Both: SWIFT/corporate SWIFT/formatting [XML]
Other impacts around cash management
- Global Trade
- Receivables finance, payables finance/supply chain finance
- Working capital management/optimisation
- Foreign exchange/derivatives
- Asset management solutions [off balance sheet]
- Securities and custody
External Factors affecting cash management solutions
- The treasurer and the bank
- Regulators / Basel III / CRD4
Bringing it all together
- A Case Study: ABC Corporation.
- Judotist Incorporated
Plenary and action planning
- What is the current extent of your knowledge of Cash Management?
- Have you achieved what you set out to learn?
- How will you be applying this at work?
Dates and location:
23-24 March 2020, London
From £1,500 plus VAT
Early bird discounts - book at least six weeks before the start of the course to save 15% on the standard fee *
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee *
We can also deliver this advanced cash management training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.