Once you have passed the Award in International Cash Management, you have successfully completed the first step in your ACT membership journey.
When you have received confirmation of passing, you are eligible to use the designatory letters AwardICM after your name.
Designatory letters are a mark of differentiation on your business card and in your professional title. It is these letters after your name that ultimately help you stand out. Your membership of the chartered body for treasury shows your onward commitment to your profession. It also instils confidence in employers, colleagues, and clients alike that you are maintaining the very highest professional standards.
You can use the designatory letters for as long as you remain a member of the ACT.
HOW TO REMAIN A MEMBER OF THE ACT
When you pass your qualification your Student Membership will expire so you have two choices:
- progress your studies and move on to the next qualification
- take a study break and join the ACT as an eAffiliate member
1. PROGRESS YOUR STUDIES
Once you have completed the Award in International Cash Management, your next step is to move on to the Certificate in International Cash Management.
When you do, you will once again become a Student member of the ACT, be eligible to use your designatory letters and also receive all the great benefits that come along with being a Student member!
2. BECOME AN EAFFILIATE MEMBER
If you choose to take a study break, but still want to use your designatory letters, you can become an eAffiliate member of the ACT.
Remember that as part of this dynamic global community, you have access to support from the very best treasury expertise and resources. You will also retain access to all these useful benefits:
- Online subscription to The Treasurer magazine
- Access to the ACT Career Hub which holds a huge bank of practical resources, from advice on how to handle a performance review to a job search engine
- Discounts on ACT training courses so you can complement your learning by adding additional skills
- Opportunities to network at free-to-member events
- Opportunity to join the Future Leaders in Treasury forum where you can help shape the profession by telling us what you think. We use the ideas, knowledge and expertise generated to provide practical, useful outcomes for younger members and grow the treasury profession.
- Access to our CPD activity log, allowing you to set objectives for yourself and track them as you progress
- Discounts on booking an Institute of Business Ethics e-learning course and accountingcpd.net courses
- Access to our mentoring scheme, Mentor Me, where our smart software will match your needs with a suitable senior professional
- Access to webinars led by ACT Policy and Technical experts which give direction on regulatory change and key treasury concerns
- Access to CPD podcasts, which provide practical guidance on key topics
If you join as an eAffilaite member and then decide to start studying for your next qualification, we can help you transition from eAffiliate member to Student member.
If you have an questions about your membership or what your next step should be, our team are here to help.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we're happy to talk you through your options.